Butternut squash is a fantastic vegetable to use, it's tasty, it's filling and has great colour.
Baked Buttery Squash Ingredients:
1 butternut squash c. 675g
1/2 tsp paprika
3 tbsp cut chives
3 tbsp low fat creme fraiche
1 thick slice of bread, into crumbs
knob of butter melted
25g grated parmesan
Baked Buttery Squash Method:
1. Preheat oven 200oC
2. Halve the squash lengthways, scoop out seeds. Put into a roasting tin half full of water. Cover with foil and bake for c. 40mins until tender.
3. Drain and transfer the squash to a board until cool enough to handle. Scrape the flesh into bowl. Mix flesh, paprika, chives and creme fraiche together and season.
4. Pop mixture back into Squash shells.
5. Mix butter, parmesan and breadcrumbs together and sprinkle on top.
6. Bake for 15 mins until lightly browned.
You should follow me on twitter here
Make the most of London with a Guided Tour - scheduled & private tours available