Risotto has had a reputation for being high maintenance, chaining the cook to the hob, forcing them to stir incessantly until the risotto is ready.
This recipe slashes the myth, allowing time to put together a fresh green salad and pour a nice crisp white wine.
Take 20 mins
Quick Fish Risotto Ingredients:1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 vegetable or fish stock cube
250g risotto rice
250g smoked cod/haddock, skinned and cut into chunks
large cupful of frozen peas
knob of salted butter
1 lemon cut into 8 wedges
Quick Fish Risotto Method:1. Put the oven and garlic in a large heatproof non-metallic bowl with stock cube and 300ml boiling water.
2. Stir well, then cover and microwave on High for 3 mins.
3. Stir the fish and peas into the rice and another 300ml boiling water.
4. Cover and microwave on High for 4 mins. If rice not cooked pop on for another minute.
5. Leave to stand for 1-2 mins for liquid to be absorbed.
6. Stir in butter and serve with lemon wedges, fresh green salad and a crisp white wine.
You should follow me on twitter here
Make the most of London with a Guided Tour - scheduled & private tours available